HOW IS 2017 over already? Holy crap! It went fast, you guys! So fast. I can hardly believe we are moving into a new year. That said, I finally got my shit together and made a TOP READS OF 2017 list! Wheeeeeeeeee! These are the books that I found UNFORGETTABLE. That I would recommend over and over and over again. You need to read ALL OF THESE. Seriously. They were amazing. Explanations, links, and review links below 🙂 Also, I have a small section of honorable mentions too.
PS: These are listed in no particular order. I truly LOVED them all. You can also find book covers and links at the end of this post.
1. Before I Ever Met You by Karina Halle: This romance stole my heart. It starts off with a heart-wrenching prologue before moving on to the sweetest, swooniest, forbidden romance I’ve ever read. It’s got all the feels, you guys, all of them, and combined with Karina Halle’s magnificent writing, and the most riveting plot-line, I was RUINED. It definitely rocked my life, gave me one hell of a book hangover, and I can’t forget it. I also can’t recommend it enough. REVIEW HERE!
2. Bad At Love by Karina Halle: Another Karina Halle book is in my TOP FAVES OF 2017. This one also ROCKED my life. It was, oh my god ::shivers::, the sweet romance that made me feel so freaking good. This has the best friends to lovers twist and man, is it beeu-tiful. Not only is it sweeter than candy, it’s hot as hell and the characters are unique and quirky and refreshing and fun. Trust me, YOU NEED THIS BOOK. REVIEW HERE!
3. Sinners of Saint Series by L.J. Shen: I can’t pick a favorite from this series. I. CAN’T. DO. IT. So I decided to heck with it, I’ll just put ALL THE BOOKS on this list because 1) THEY FUCKING ROCK! And 2) I cried reading ALL of them. And 3) THESE MEN ARE THE BEST, THE ULTIMATE, and if haven’t met them, you are missing out. This is a binge-worthy series. The feels. The stories. The sexy times. The writing. It’s lush. It’s delicious. It’s one of the BEST SERIES I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Truly, so full of angst and sex and gorgeous assholes that will steal your heart and soul. LJ Shen is a master at writing and every moment of reading this was pure bliss.
4. Egomaniac by Vi Keeland: GAHHHH. GAHHH. GAHHH! When I think of this book, and Drew, I smile. Every. Single. Time. I read this in January. I still think of it often. It has stayed one of my most favorite reads all year long. I LOVED everything about it. It’s unique and sexy and heartfelt, not too angsty, just right. REVIEW HERE!
5. Devil You Know by LA Fiore: HOLY FEELS! This book is imprinted on my heart. I cried so much reading this story. It was intense. SO INTENSE! It’s one of those books I can’t forget. It’s a long romance that has a lot of angst but the most gorgeous love story! A truly riveting read. REVIEW HERE!
6. Swink by Adriana Locke: Gosh, I am a such sucker for a fighter romance, and Dominic Hughes WRECKED me! I loved everything about Swink. It’s a book I couldn’t put down. Camilla is a girl from a rich family and Dom is the guy from the wrong side of the tracks. Immediately from chapter one the romance sweeps you up and carries you through to the end. Delicious. A total favorite! REVIEW HERE!
7. Crank by Adriana Locke: When it comes to small town romance feels, no one does it like Adriana Locke. Crank, the first standalone in a new series, left me giddy. It was steamy and charming and had a twist that had me dying! DYING! The entire Gibson family is so likable, so entirely easy to love, and I just know that this is a series that has major potential to be unforgettable! Sienna and Walker’s story was heart stopping goodness from start to finish. I couldn’t get enough. You really need to read this.
8. Take Me Back by Meghan March: This was a thrilling romance that had a plot twist I did NOT see coming. I couldn’t get enough of these characters, their story, or the crazy, tumultuous ride that Take Me Back became. It was so intense and thrilling, compelling and surprising, just all together perfect. I absolutely LOVED it. REVIEW HERE!
9. Drive by Kate Stewart: I. AM. STILL. SPEECHLESS from reading Drive. I can’t find words to do it justice, you guys, which is why I still don’t have a review for this book. No, actually, that’s not true. I did write a review, I just never published it. Simply put, the review didn’t do the book justice. And sometimes a novel is so good, it’s on another level of goodness, one that leaves you astounded, breathless, broken, and Drive was that book for me. Nothing I could say would actually express how this book made me feel. It was magic. It became my air. The love triangle owned me. The story took over all of my senses, my thoughts, and I LIVED and BREATHED this romance. Saying it’s a must read is an understatement. This is a MANDATORY romance read.
10. Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey: This book is the BEST! I am such a RomCom girl and this story TOTALLY swept me off my feet. It’s so funny. I laughed and laughed and laughed. And the romance… ::shivers:: the romance is downright decadent. YOU NEED TO READ THIS. I can’t say enough good things. And also, it’s on both mine and Jessica’s FAV READS list. 😮 Whoop! Yesss. REVIEW HERE!
11. The Foxe & The Hound by R.S. Grey: Another book I just had to have on this list. I LOVED it. It’s in the same series as the book above ^^. But both are standalones and can be read in any order. But man, it’s funny and swoony and cute and sassy, just pure goodness. REVIEW HERE!
12. On the Way to You by Kandi Steiner: FEELS. FEELS. FEELS. Kandi knocked it out of the park with this release. It’s heavy and angsty and sad and so many more emotions, but it’s also hopeful and has such a poignant message. I am a MEGA fan of this author. Her book A Love Letter to Whiskey was on my fav list last year. She’s an amazing writer. And I think this is a book everyone needs to read. REVIEW HERE!
13. A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean: THIS. FREAKING. BOOK. Holy shit. Firstly, the hero (Borne) is an absolute jerk, and you know I LOVEEEEEEE assholes. This dude, he destroyed me in the best way. Every moment of this story had me gasping or swooning or dying. It was intoxicating. And the writing… SO SO SO good. My first Sarah MacLean read. An absolute FAV. I can’t recommend it enough.
14. The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne: As you can tell from the book above, this year I discovered Historical Romance and fell in LOVE with it. Over the last two months I have read pretty much only Historical and this book, The Highwayman, was THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ THIS YEAR. It’s heavy in feels. I cried my eyes out. I cried until my eyes hurt. It’s devastating in a FANTASTICALLY, BEAUTIFUL WAY. The feels are lush, you guys, big and sweeping and delicious. And the epic love story wrecks you. It’s left a lasting impression on me. I can’t get over it. I’m still working on my review, but I have to say that I haven’t read a book since finishing this one. NOT A SINGLE BOOK. It’s been almost two weeks and I am still suffering from a book hangover. It was magic. Another level. PLEASE READ IT.
15. The Wallflower Series by Lisa Kleypas: Can we talk about how INCREDIBLE all these books are?! Because OMG, I binge read them. I finished all four in less than a week. I legit felt like I LIVED these stories. I can’t say enough good things, and I had to include them all on this list. I can’t imagine anyone not reading this series. It’s pure romance. You will LOVE the heroes and the heroines. From Annabelle and Simon, to Lillian and Marcus, to Evangeline and Sebastian, to Daisy and Mathew, they are all dynamic, funny, and sweet characters that will woo and win you over. You need these books. They are amazing. My rec is to read in order. They are standalones, however it’s a continuous timeline, so there is significant overlapping, in my opinion.
16. The Failing Hours by Sara Ney: Ahhhh, the Douchebag Series. This is NA done right, and I really loved how emotionally heart-stopping Zeke’s story was. I was pretty shouty about this read and I still feel as madly passionate about it months after finishing. A definite fave. REVIEW HERE!
17. Good Boy by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen: Holy swoon. HOLY FREAKING SWOON. I have NEVER swooned for a character like I did Blake. Not only was he hilarious, but he was the most charming hero I read this year. I loved how light and steamy this was, but it still had some amazing emotional angst. Just an all around great read. REVIEW HERE!
18. Pucked Off by Helena Hunting: Oh, Lance. That sweet man. I still think of this book and his story often. It was super emotional. I cried my freaking heart out. Lance owns you in this heart-rendering romance that can be read as a complete standalone. This is so different to the other books in the Pucked Series. Where those are funny, OTT, and crass with humor, this is sweet and truly heartfelt. It’s just so intense. I LOVED it. REVIEW HERE!
19. Dating-ish by Penny Reid: This is the story I didn’t see coming. I read it and it just smacked me in the face with feels midway through. Penny is such a fantastic writer. Her characters are quirky and smart and so unique. I love them. Dating-ish was everything I never knew I needed. REVIEW HERE!
20. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata: This was the year that I discovered Mariana Zapata, Queen of slowwwwww burnnnnn romances. And when I say slow burn, I mean it. This romance was downright yummy. I love how fully developed Mariana’s characters are. She works and really shows their growth. This felt like a realistic romance. I lost my mind over it. So so so good. And a definite favorite.
- Ahhhh… OK. So these five books are honorable mentions. They are stories that I LOVED and really wanted to be able to put on my list too. They were amazing romances. Funny, sexy, sweet, emotional, and well written! These are some of my FAVE must read authors who always give the BEST books, with the most AMAZING characters. I LOVED these six stories. From Staci Hart’s steamy yet emotional, Bad Penny, to Max Monoroe’s quirky and halarious characters in Sex Says and DR. OB, to Devney Perry’s swoony hero in the suspenseful and riveting Coppersmith Farmhouse, to the absolutely delicious chemistry between Holden and Janelle in Leddy Harper’s – I Do(n’t), to the scorcher that was Laurelin Paige and Sierra Simone’s Hot Cop ! These were great.